Travellers, Businessmen, Investors – visit us!
Business in Niger
We are a very large country with an economy based principally on the mining, minerals, and the oil & gas sector so very dependant on overseas investment. This sector is still in it’s infancy and we have a wealth of diverse concessions still available. As a country we frequently enter into Joint Ventures and we are currently working on a Sovereign Fund launch in the London Markets. We regularly host business conferences in our capital Niamey and you are welcome to attend.
We are at CFGNiger are here to help you so please feel free to contact us……
At the recent state visit to the UK by the Presidient (the first in the countries history), CFG hosted a very succesful business forum and the President announced the following:
The priorities of the President of the Republic of Niger are summarized as follows:
• national security
• the implementation of strong democratic institutions
• a sustainable agriculture programme by the ‘3N initiative’ –‘Nigériens nourrissent Nigériens’
• the promotion of education and health
• access to water
• the creation of jobs
• local authority housing
The program is estimated to cost approximately 9 billion Euros over 5 years, which is equivalent to approximately 12 billion dollars. In order to implement this program, the Niger government’s proposals include:
• looking for sustainable development of the country’s resources
• encouraging foreign direct investment
• improving foreign aid
• an uncompromising fight against corruption and other corrupt government practices
• the improvement of spending and consumer credit efficiency
• the establishment of independent statutory watchdogs for the fight against corruption
• supporting the extractive industries transparency initiative
The Nigerien economic outlook is extremely positive for 2012 and, according to the IMF Managing Director, at the conclusion of her visit to Niger in December 2011, has an expected growth rate of 15%.